Whether you’re thinking of selling in the spring or simply want to breathe new life into your home, there are plenty of inexpensive home upgrades that can help make your home look picture perfect. The best part? It can also serve to benefit your return.
Here are some quick, easy, and inexpensive home upgrades, how they can benefit you when it comes time to sell, and some examples to help you get started today…
Home Upgrades & Your Bottom Line
Replacing your roof, updating your wiring, or large-scale updates of your appliances are all essential, but smaller upgrades exist to help benefit your home’s “open house appeal.”
When you make small changes to your home, you’re accelerating the at-home feeling that someone gets when they’re touring it for the first time. These little details can make all the difference when it comes to first impressions, because they can make a house feel more lived in, cared for, and ultimately more valuable.
Action Steps: Inexpensive Home Upgrades
If you’ve been thinking about making some changes around the house, now’s the time to get started! The winter is the perfect time for these inexpensive home upgrades, since you’re likely to have the time to commit to refurbishing, installing, or swapping out things around the house.
These are 5 easy home upgrades that you can start trying today. Add a bit more charm to your home, and more dollars to your potential return, by starting here:
1. Paint – There’s nothing like a new coat of paint when it comes to livening up a space, or making things a bit more buyer-friendly (especially if you’re not as in love with your purple accent wall as you were 5 years ago).
2. Entryway Accents – Whether it’s out on your front porch or in your vestibule, your entryway is the first impression of your home that family, friends, and potential buyers get when they walk through the door. Have a vintage lantern, a sparkling chandelier, or some fresh numbers for your house? These sorts of changes can emphasize that welcoming feeling to your home.
3. Caulk Your Bathroom – One of the easiest home upgrades you can do also happens to be one of the most inexpensive. All you need is some caulking (which typically costs about $10), so that you can fill in the unsightly, cracked, and browning lines around your bathtub and your sink. Such a simple fix, but it can make your bathroom look as good as new in no time at all.
4. Old Outlets – Over the course of time, it’s surprising just how stale-looking outlets can become – especially when they’re such an easy fix. Changing up the faceplates on your electrical outlets and switches is an inexpensive home upgrade that just makes things feel newer and cleaner. It’s a small touch that can make a big difference.
5. Handles, Faucets, and More – This is another easy upgrade that you can make, and where you can also let your artistic side shine. Replacing the handles of cabinets, doorknobs, or faucets is a simple switch, and not only can you find trendy designs at your local hardware store, you can even scavenge vintage stores to turn everyday handles into standout pieces.
Ready to make some inexpensive home upgrades? After you’ve finished the smaller stuff, it’s time to focus on the big-picture process. When it comes time to sell, nothing beats working with an expert. If you’re thinking about selling in the new year, contact us today and we can talk a bit more about what you need – and how we’ll deliver results.
Comments are closed.