Summer is upon us, and the City of Toronto is bursting to life! There’s something particularly joyful when the winter gear goes into storage, and the hats, sunscreen, and warm weather clothes come out. The sun is shining, the temperature is sizzling, and the backyard gatherings are about to begin in force.
The only thing to do now is decide how you and your family are going to enjoy this long-awaited season. In a city like Toronto, there are so many fun activities that you’ll need a plan to experience them all. In this post, we’ll talk about a few Toronto attractions that will have you coming back for more each and every year.
Parks, Gardens, and Trails Galore!
Toronto is a booming metropolis, complete with a skyline that lights up the night! However, many newcomers and even longtime residents are often pleasantly surprised at how much green space adorns the city. From nature trails and scenic ponds to beach bluffs and stunning parks, there is so much nature to explore that you might forget that you’re in Canada’s most populated city. Here is a quick look at some of the natural wonders that await you practically within your own backyard.
- Toronto Islands: A peaceful oasis just minutes from the bustling Harbourfront, the Toronto Islands are a picturesque setting for picnics, bike rides, or kayaking or swimming at the beaches. This is one of the most underrated places in all of Toronto!
- Rouge National Urban Park: Did you know that the GTA is home to North America’s largest urban park? It’s the perfect place to unwind in a natural wonderland of forests, creeks, farms and marshlands.
- Edwards Gardens: Explore the beautiful gardens, walking trails, and the Toronto Botanical Garden located in North York.
- Martin Goodman Trail: Few things capture the essence of summer like an endless waterfront trail. Come out and enjoy a scenic bike ride or walk along the Martin Goodman Trail, a massive path stretching east to west Toronto.
- Don Valley Trail: A picturesque place to cycle and hike right in the heart of the East End! Keep your eye open for the Evergreen Brick Works, one of Toronto’s most famous landmarks.
Looking for even more incredible things to do this summer? The list is endless!
- Hot Places To Cool Down In Toronto This Summer
- Our Top Boutique Shopping Experiences in Toronto
- Our Favourite Indoor Activities in the East End
Explore Toronto’s Stunning Beaches and Waterfront
It’s not summertime without at least one day at the beach. And when you live in a city like Toronto, every day can be a beach day, with so many options awaiting you along the shores of Lake Ontario. Here are a few examples:
- Woodbine Beach: This popular east-end beach offers sandy shores and a cool, refreshing spot for a dip in the lake. If you’re not up for swimming, why not enjoy a game of beach volleyball?
- Bluffer’s Park: Take in the panoramic views of Lake Ontario from the cliffs or relax at the beach below at the Scarborough Bluffs.
- Harbourfront Centre: If your idea of a beach day entails a little excitement, come and check out the Harbourfront, where you can attend festivals, enjoy outdoor concerts, or take a boat tour of the Toronto Islands.
A Neverending List of Festivals and Events
How do you spell summertime? If you live in Toronto, it’s spelled F.E.S.T.I.V.A.L because the list of exciting events never stops. From one-off carnivals and fairs to famous annual events, it’s easy to fill up your calendar every day of the season. Here are some of the incredible festivals Toronto residents look forward to every year:
- Toronto Jazz Festival: World-renowned jazz musicians perform at various venues throughout the city. This is a great opportunity to expand your musical repertoire while supporting local and international artists each year!
- Caribana: Ready for a vibrant celebration of Caribbean culture with colourful parades, music, food, and entertainment? It’s no wonder this event draws thousands of visitors to Toronto every single year.
- Taste of the Danforth: Fool lovers rejoice and prepare to indulge in delectable Greek food, all to the backdrop of music, dance, and entertainment at this lively street festival.
- Beaches International Jazz Festival: Toronto is a city of music and culture, and this annual festival is your chance to enjoy both in a festive setting in the Beaches neighbourhood. A series of free jazz concerts and street performances will keep your toes tapping.
Thinking about relocating to Toronto? The following resources may be helpful:
- Has Buying a Home in Toronto Gotten Easier?
- What You Need To Know About Buying A House In A Changing Market
- What is a Pre-Emptive Offer?
Attractions and Sightseeing
Toronto’s main attractions are open all year, but there is just something magical about them in the summertime. Whether you’re touring from one event to another or escaping the heat of a sultry afternoon, Toronto’s sightseeing opportunities are second to none. These activities will help keep you busy and entertained all season long.
- Toronto Zoo: Here is your chance to meet a wide variety of fascinating animals and learn all about them through educational exhibits and interactive experiences.
- Ontario Science Centre: Unleash your hidden genius through hands-on exhibits, live demonstrations, and immersive IMAX movies at this one-of-a-kind science museum.
- Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO): You will never realize how much talent Canada has until you see it all on display at this world-renowned art museum. Here, you’ll have the chance to admire a vast collection of both Canadian and international artworks.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada: If you’ve ever wished to spend a day under the sea with sharks, seahorses, and other incredible marine creatures, then Ripley’s Aquarium is a must-visit destination. Interactive exhibits and tunnels will keep you mesmerized as you immerse yourself in the fascinating world under the water.
Does all of this summertime fun have you looking forward to making Toronto your new home? We’d love to tell you all about the incredible amenities and experiences the city offers all year long. Reach out to us at email@example.com or call 416.443.0300, and we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Meet The Erica Reddy Team
Find out how our specialized skill sets and extensive Toronto market expertise empower your real estate venture.