Although there might not be snow on the ground Holiday Spirit is in the air! Toronto is a great place to be and enjoy many great sights and activities this time of year. To help you out here is a list of some themed events in and around the city.
- The Distillery Christmas Market is a great market that runs annually in the historic Distillery District. With lots of vendors lining the cobble stone streets there is something for everyone. Be sure to try out the Mulled Wine and Spiked Cider as it will keep you warm and happy as you wander – The Distillery District Christmas Market
- Although it’s not Times Square it certainly is becoming a close second. Head over to Yonge and Dundas to see the illuminated tree. Then stroll down Yonge to The Bay located and Queen and Yonge to see their festive storefront windows. If you are still in need of any last minute presents the Eaton Centre could be the perfect end to your walk. Curious to see how The Bay assembles its windows? Here’s how!
- Kids or couples – Skating at Harbourfront is a great daytime or evening activity. Lace up your skates or rent a pair and enjoy the atmosphere. Lessons for all ages are available so don’t be shy! Dec 20th from 8:00-11:00 is the5th annual 1 Love T.O. live DJ party
- The Nutcracker is a classic holiday Ballet presented by The Nation Ballet of Canada. The tale depicts two children on Christmas Eve as they are brought into the magical world of the Nutcracker. The tale includes sugar plum fairies, rat kings and more! Tickets are on sale until January 3.
- If you are up for a drive Collingwood is a great Day trip of better yet weekend get away. There are so many things to do in the town and hillside. The village at Blue offers family fun at all times throughout the year. With a ramped up holiday agenda the village has a visit from Santa, Jingles and Joy and an NYE bash. Grab a beaver tail or poutine and wander the shops. If hitting the slopes is not on the top of your list the Scandinave Spa is the perfect oasis to unwind in the woods.
Happy Holidays to everyone from The Real Estate Network!